Future-S concept based small SUV could be called Maruti Suzuki S-Presso
Maruti Suzuki's next offering in the entry-level segment will be a small SUV called the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, a news outlet reports. This will be the production version of the Mauri Suzuki Future-S concept that debuted at the last Auto Expo and will be launched here during the festive season.
This will not be a replacement for the Alto, but will be a slightly more upmarket proposition in the entry-level space. The S-Presso is likely to be powered by the firm's entry-level 1.0 litre three-cylinder motor with 68PS and 90 Nm, but in its BSVI compliant guise. An AMT version will also be made available. Further, to appeal to younger buyers, the S-Presso will get a segment-leading touchscreen infotainment system, possibly the SmartPlay Studio unit that debuted with the new WagonR, and customizable dual-tone exterior colour options. Prices should hover around the Rs 4.5 to 5 lakh mark.
This new small SUV will be the second model to be completely developed in India by the firm, after the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Spy images have shown us that the high bonnet line and boxy proportions show that it will follow the design theme set by the Vitara Brezza, where Maruti Suzuki will look to pack in numerous SUV design cues in a compact package.
The overall shape stays true to the concept, so the high bonnet line and big grille bring the traditional SUV cues. The stepped hatch is another butch feature. The headlamps seem to be large angular halogen units while the tail lamps seem to bring in some bits of Baleno along with it. The wheels look like 13-inch units while the side profile has a quite slab-sided look to it.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso | First Drive
Source: Economic Times
Also See:- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso | First Look
Starts Rs 3.71 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block