GST effect: Fiat Chrysler India increases prices of the Jeep Compass, Wrangler and Grand Cherokee
Fiat Chrysler India has now increased the prices of its cars and SUVs across the range by Rs 9,000 - 640,000. The Fiat vehicles affected include the Linea, Abarth range and Avventura while the Jeep SUVs include the Compass, Wrangler and Grand Cherokee.
The new Fiat prices have gone up by Rs 9,000, with the range now starting at Rs 7.15 lakh
A few months ago, Jeep India launched the Compass with a starting price of Rs 14.95 lakh and going all the way up to Rs 20.65 lakh. The Jeep Compass has also garnered more than 10,000 bookings since its launch. Now the fresh Jeep Compass prices in India start from Rs 15.16 lakh and go all the way to Rs 21.28 lakh. It is likely that sales of the top-spec diesel trims of the Jeep Compass may be affected due to this price hike. In the meanwhile the Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee prices have gone up by Rs 2.75 lakh - Rs 6.40 lakh.
The fresh Jeep Compass prices in India start from Rs 15.16 lakh and go all the way to Rs 21.28 lakh
The GST council of India recently implemented an increase in cess for luxury cars and SUVs. Due to this many manufacturers had announced an increase in the prices of their cars. Manufacturers like Toyota and Honda have already announced a hike in the prices of their cars. Recently Hyundai too issued a statement about an increase in the price of its cars. It remains to be seen if the other big players too join in and announce a price hike.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review