Honda Cars India announces price hike for the BR-V, City and CR-V
The additional compensation cess announced by the government of India has led another manufacturer to raise the prices of its products. Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) has increased the prices of the BR-V, City and CR-V by Rs 12,000 - 89,000. This price hike has been in effect from September 11, 2017. The models like the Brio, Amaze, Jazz and WR-V aren't affected by this price increase.
The Honda sees a price hike of nearly Rs 20,000
Recently manufacturers like Toyota and Hyundai had announced that they are on the lines of a price hike. It is expected that in a few days more manufacturers will join the fray and announce a price rise. Prices of certain mild hybrid vehicles like the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga SHVS and Ciaz SHVS have been increased exponentially whereas before the price hike, they used to get the FAME incentives. FAME used to favour hybrid and electric vehicles. However, the government of India has now withdrawn the scheme.
Honda is expected to bring in the Civic as well as its newer models into India within the next 15-20 months. The models they launched this year include the refreshed Honda City as well as the WR-V. A refreshed Jazz is expected to join the fray soon. In the same vein, Honda also discontinued the Mobilio MPV due to lack of sales.
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing