Honda India recalls older City, Jazz, CR-V, Accord and Civic
Honda Cars India has recalled 5,088 units of the previous-generations City sedan, Jazz hatchback, CR-V SUV, Accord and Civic sedans. This is part of the brand's global recall campaign to replace the faulty Takata airbag inflators.
These faulty airbag inflators will be replaced at authorised Honda dealers across India. Honda will get in touch with owners whose cars are affected and replace the part at no additional cost. Alternatively, owners can log on to the micro-site that has been set up, and type in their car's VIN to see if it is part of this initiative.
A major chunk of the cars in this recall are the older City and CR-V, 2,099 units of the Honda City manufactured between 2007 and 2013, and 2,577 units of the CR-V manufactured between 2003 and 2008 and in 2011 have been recalled. Other than this, 10 units of the Jazz (2009-2012). 52 examples of the Civic (2006-2008) and 350 Accord units (2003) are affected.
This is the second major recall by a manufacturer this month, in India. Ford recently called back the older generation of the Endeavour SUV, Freestyle, Aspire and Figo.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
- News2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe launched in India at Rs 1.31 crore
- NewsVintage vehicles may soon be exempt from scrappage policies
- NewsBMW to introduce wireless Android Auto in its vehicles by July 2020
- News2020 Skoda Rapid facelift unveiled in Russia
- NewsMaserati line-up in India gets Ferrari-built V6 petrol engines