James Bond actor Daniel Craig's 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish to be put up for auction
British auction house Christie's is putting up James Bond-actor, Daniel Craig's personal Aston Martin Vanquish up for auction. Craig's car is one of the 100 limited-run centenary editions of the Vanquish that Aston Martin made in 2014. This particular car, not incidentally numbered 007, features a midnight-blue exterior and a one-off interior finished in deep blue leather, meant to highlight the actor's preference for denim and dark colours. Apart from the usual Aston trimmings of aluminium and carbon fibre, the centenary edition also features solid sterling silver Aston Martin badges, silver thread embroidery in the interior, and individually numbered silver sill plaques. The Vanquish is powered by a 6.0-liter V12 engine good for 573PS and 620Nm. This motor is paired with a 6-speed automatic, making the car good for 293 kmph. The car sits on a lightweight bonded aluminium structure.
This Aston is being put up for auction on April 20 at Christie's 'The Exceptional Sale' event in New York. The organisers are hoping the car will fetch $400,000 to $600,000 (Rs 2.6 crore to Rs 3.9 crore), excluding taxes and duties, given the long association Aston Martin has had with James Bond films and also this particular car's lineage. Christie's said that all proceeds from the sale will benefit The Opportunity Network, a non-profit organisation that provides young people with pathways to career development.
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350