James Bond actor Daniel Craig's 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish to be put up for auction
British auction house Christie's is putting up James Bond-actor, Daniel Craig's personal Aston Martin Vanquish up for auction. Craig's car is one of the 100 limited-run centenary editions of the Vanquish that Aston Martin made in 2014. This particular car, not incidentally numbered 007, features a midnight-blue exterior and a one-off interior finished in deep blue leather, meant to highlight the actor's preference for denim and dark colours. Apart from the usual Aston trimmings of aluminium and carbon fibre, the centenary edition also features solid sterling silver Aston Martin badges, silver thread embroidery in the interior, and individually numbered silver sill plaques. The Vanquish is powered by a 6.0-liter V12 engine good for 573PS and 620Nm. This motor is paired with a 6-speed automatic, making the car good for 293 kmph. The car sits on a lightweight bonded aluminium structure.
This Aston is being put up for auction on April 20 at Christie's 'The Exceptional Sale' event in New York. The organisers are hoping the car will fetch $400,000 to $600,000 (Rs 2.6 crore to Rs 3.9 crore), excluding taxes and duties, given the long association Aston Martin has had with James Bond films and also this particular car's lineage. Christie's said that all proceeds from the sale will benefit The Opportunity Network, a non-profit organisation that provides young people with pathways to career development.
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased