James Bond actor Daniel Craig's 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish to be put up for auction
British auction house Christie's is putting up James Bond-actor, Daniel Craig's personal Aston Martin Vanquish up for auction. Craig's car is one of the 100 limited-run centenary editions of the Vanquish that Aston Martin made in 2014. This particular car, not incidentally numbered 007, features a midnight-blue exterior and a one-off interior finished in deep blue leather, meant to highlight the actor's preference for denim and dark colours. Apart from the usual Aston trimmings of aluminium and carbon fibre, the centenary edition also features solid sterling silver Aston Martin badges, silver thread embroidery in the interior, and individually numbered silver sill plaques. The Vanquish is powered by a 6.0-liter V12 engine good for 573PS and 620Nm. This motor is paired with a 6-speed automatic, making the car good for 293 kmph. The car sits on a lightweight bonded aluminium structure.
This Aston is being put up for auction on April 20 at Christie's 'The Exceptional Sale' event in New York. The organisers are hoping the car will fetch $400,000 to $600,000 (Rs 2.6 crore to Rs 3.9 crore), excluding taxes and duties, given the long association Aston Martin has had with James Bond films and also this particular car's lineage. Christie's said that all proceeds from the sale will benefit The Opportunity Network, a non-profit organisation that provides young people with pathways to career development.
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know