Kawasaki Versys-X300 launched in India at Rs 4.60 lakh
Kawasaki India has just launched the Versys-X300 at Rs 4.60 lakh, ex-Mumbai and Delhi. The Kawasaki Versys-X300 is the smallest adventure tourer in the country and also the most affordable at this price. The Versys X300 is conceived as an entry-level tourer that offers comfort, convenience and a practicality. The Kawasaki Versys-X300 was showcased at EICMA 2016, where we had reported that the motorcycle could come to India. The Versys-X300 will be assembled at Kawasaki's new facility in Chakan, Maharashtra.
The Kawasaki Versys-X300 is powered by a 296cc, fuel-injected, parallel-twin engine that produces 40PS at 11,500 rpm and 25.7Nm at 10,000rpm. The engine is similar to the one that powers the Kawasaki Ninja 300, however, in the Versys X300, it has been re-tuned for better low and mid-range grunt. The manufacturer has also stated that the injectors and throttle valves have been designed to deliver stellar efficiency. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission.
The engine is slotted into a steel backbone frame. At the front is a 41mm, long-travel suspension while at the rear is a bottom-link, Uni-Track, gas-charged monoshock. The big, 19-inch wheel at the front and spoke wheels should give it decent of-road ability, although this is primarily a road-biased machine. There's a single, 290mm, petal disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear. ABS is standard.
The design is sharp, while the large fairing and tall windscreen should offer good wind protection. The seats are wide, including the pillion's which, says Kawasaki, will offer good long distance capability.
Bookings are open and customers can book one at any Kawasaki dealer in the country.
Starts Rs 2,98,000
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser