Land Rover Discovery Sport to be launched in India in mid-2015
The Land Vision Concept which finally transformed to the production Discovery Sport will make its way to Indian showrooms by July-August 2015. The new Land will replace the ageing Freelander 2 in India. Land Rover will be locally assembling the car at its Pune facility. Expect the company to price its entry-level SUV at around the Rs 50 lakh mark.
The Discovery Sport borrows the platform from the Freelander and Range Rover Evoque. But major modifications were made before incorporating it in the Sport, says Land Rover. The SUV features an all-new infotainment system that's claimed to operate with the ease of a smart phone, with pinch-and-zoom functionality. Apps like internet radio, sat-nav along with on-board Wi-fi are also included. A five-inch TFT screen sits between the two analogue instrument clusters, displaying key information such as indication that the SUV is in off-road mode.
JLR may offer the Discovery Sport with only the 2.2-litre diesel motor but in two states of tune- 150PS and 190PS. A nine-speed automatic gearbox will transmit power to the road on both the SUVs. Unlike the Freelander 2, the Discovery Sport can seat seven, which could be a major draw for many in our country.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Land Rover Discovery Sport
Starts Rs 42.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept