Mahindra Roxor off-road vehicle is for the US market only
Last year, Mahindra announced an all-new off-road vehicle called the Roxor for the US market. And now the Indian manufacturer has revealed the images of the Roxor. From the first look, it is evident that the Roxor takes its design inspiration from the classic open-bodied CJ series of jeeps. The Mahindra Roxor is only for the US markets and is available in two versions, base priced at 15,499 USD (~Rs 10.08 lakh) and LE (Limited edition). There will also be a Dune edition that will be available at a later stage.
Mahindra Roxor takes its design inspiration from the Willys CJ
The Mahindra Roxor, similar to the Thar, comes with a steel body built on a boxed steel frame. Since the Mahindra Roxor will be spending time only on rough terrains and not on highways, the feature list only consists of hydraulic power steering, single gauge instrumentation, halogen headlights etc. In terms of safety, the Mahindra Roxor comes equipped only with a roll cage while there is no mention of airbags or ABS. Presently, there are four colour options - carbon black, classic white, fire orange and tahoe blue. However, at a later stage, there will be close to 900 colour options that will be offered on the Roxor for an extra premium.
The roll cage is the only safety equipment other than the seat belts that the Mahindra Roxor gets
Powering the Mahindra Roxor is a M2DICR 2.5-litre turbo diesel engine that makes 62 PS at 3,200rpm and generates 195 Nm at 1,400 to 2,200rpm. The motor is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and has a claimed max speed of 72kmph. The Mahindra Roxor will be available with a choice between 2- and 4-wheel drive options. It comes with front disc and rear drum brakes.
The Mahindra Roxor has been developed by Mahindra Automotive North America (MANA) at its premier facility in Detroit. The Mahindra Roxor will go on sale in the US market in 2018.
First look: Mahindra Roxor unveiled
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X