Maruti Suzuki Celerio BSVI CNG version launched, priced from Rs 5.6 lakh
Maruti Suzuki has launched a CNG version of the BSVI-compliant Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback. For private owners, the Celerio CNG is priced at Rs 5.61 lakh for the VXi variant. This goes up to Rs 5.68 lakh for the VXi(O) variant. Commercial buyers can opt for the Tour H2 version priced at Rs 5.37 lakh.
The Celerio is powered by the 1.0-litre K10B petrol, also seen on cars like the Alto and S-Presso. In the CNG version, this motor puts out 60PS and 78 Nm. The ARAI fuel efficiency is rated at 30.47 km/kg.
Maruti Suzuki's S-CNG vehicles are equipped with dual interdependent ECUs (Electronic Control Units)
and an injection system. These vehicles come with factory fitted CNG kits, and are specially tuned and calibrated to account for the different fuel type.
Notable features available on the Celerio VXi(O) CNG are body coloured exterior trims, power steering, power windows, central locking, 60:40 split rear seats, reverse parking sensors and two airbags.
Maruti's CNG vehicles, which it calls S-CNG, are part of its 'Mission Green Million' endeavour. Under this initiative, which was announced at the 2020 Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki is looking to sell one million green vehicles in the next couple of years. This includes CNG and mild hybrid vehicles. The company has already sold one million such vehicles and this will be the second phase of this endeavour.
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15
- NewsTata looks for foreign partner to drive passenger car business