Maruti Suzuki S-Cross: Old vs new
Maruti Suzuki has opened sales of the new S-Cross facelift in India. Prices of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross in India will likely be announced on October 11, 2017 but we expect a significant increase in the price. There are still four trims of the Maruti S-Cross but now the 320 DDiS engine has been discontinued. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross comes in a lone 200 DDiS engine equipped with SHVS. This is the same engine that is used in the 90PS tune in other Maruti Suzuki cars but now boasts the mild hybrid tech (like in the Ciaz and Ertiga) and a higher fuel efficiency of 25.1kmpl as opposed to the previous 23.65kmpl. Maruti Suzuki also claims to have lowered the CO2 emissions by a fair bit with this new S-Cross facelift. In terms of variants and features, they are nearly the same as the old one, save for the inclusion of projector headlights as standard on all the variants with the top-spec Alpha Maruti Suzuki S-Cross getting LED lights with an auto leveling function. The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Alpha and Zeta trims now boast Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
The interior of the old and new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross look nearly the same
The top-spec Alpha trim of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross gets LED projector headlights with auto leveling function
Apart from this, all Maruti Suzuki S-Cross variants will get a fresh front end which sort of resembles the BMW kidney-grille but without the cut in the middle. The S-Cross facelift also gets revised bumpers and the aforementioned LED projectors along with new DRLs. There are a new set of machined alloy wheels too. The cabin sees minimal revisions and this includes the changes to the infotainment system. The older Maruti S-Cross had the SmartPlay infotainment system that could be paired to the phone's Bluetooth and also make calls based on the voice command. But the updated software supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign