Maruti Suzuki S-Cross: Old vs new
Maruti Suzuki has opened sales of the new S-Cross facelift in India. Prices of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross in India will likely be announced on October 11, 2017 but we expect a significant increase in the price. There are still four trims of the Maruti S-Cross but now the 320 DDiS engine has been discontinued. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross comes in a lone 200 DDiS engine equipped with SHVS. This is the same engine that is used in the 90PS tune in other Maruti Suzuki cars but now boasts the mild hybrid tech (like in the Ciaz and Ertiga) and a higher fuel efficiency of 25.1kmpl as opposed to the previous 23.65kmpl. Maruti Suzuki also claims to have lowered the CO2 emissions by a fair bit with this new S-Cross facelift. In terms of variants and features, they are nearly the same as the old one, save for the inclusion of projector headlights as standard on all the variants with the top-spec Alpha Maruti Suzuki S-Cross getting LED lights with an auto leveling function. The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Alpha and Zeta trims now boast Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
The interior of the old and new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross look nearly the same
The top-spec Alpha trim of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross gets LED projector headlights with auto leveling function
Apart from this, all Maruti Suzuki S-Cross variants will get a fresh front end which sort of resembles the BMW kidney-grille but without the cut in the middle. The S-Cross facelift also gets revised bumpers and the aforementioned LED projectors along with new DRLs. There are a new set of machined alloy wheels too. The cabin sees minimal revisions and this includes the changes to the infotainment system. The older Maruti S-Cross had the SmartPlay infotainment system that could be paired to the phone's Bluetooth and also make calls based on the voice command. But the updated software supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019