Maruti Suzuki S-Presso small SUV spotted testing ahead of festive season launch
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso small SUV will be the next car that the country's largest carmaker will launch here after the XL6. The SUV will arrive by the festive season and slot in as a slightly more upmarket proposition in the entry-hatch segment, sort of like a Renault Kwid.
The styling seen in these spy shots seems to suggest this as well. The high bonnet line and boxy proportions show that it will follow the design theme set by the Vitara Brezza, where Maruti Suzuki will look to pack in numerous SUV design cues in a compact package. The overall shape stays true to the concept, so the high bonnet line and big grille bring in the traditional SUV cues. The stepped hatch is another butch feature. The headlamps seem to be large angular halogen units while the tail lamps seem to bring in some bits of Baleno along with it. The wheels look like 13-inch units while the side profile has a quite slab-sided look to it.
This new small SUV will be the second model to be completely developed in India by the firm, after the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The S-Presso is likely to be powered by the firm's entry-level 1.0 litre 3-cylinder motor with 68PS and 90Nm, but in its BSVI compliant guise. An AMT version will also be made available. Further, to appeal to younger buyers, the S-Presso will get a segment-leading touchscreen infotainment system, possibly the SmartPlay Studio unit that debuted with the new WagonR, and customisable dual-tone exterior colour options. Prices should hover around the Rs 4.5 to 5 lakh mark.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso | First Drive
Image source: Cartoq
Also See:- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso | First Look
Starts Rs 3.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- News2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen T-Roc: 20 per cent of 1,000-unit run still available
- NewsCoronavirus impact: GWM initiates relief program for Delhi NCR and Pune
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS records a sale of 58,906 units in May 2020
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV gets new petrol and diesel variant, priced from Rs 88.80 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!