Mercedes-Benz records the highest ever sales in India at 15,330 units
The year has just started and Mercedes-Benz India is already on a roll. The German car manufacturer posted its highest ever sales in the country at 15,330 units sold between January to December, 2017. This is a 15.9 percent growth compared to the same in 2016. Mercedes-Benz maintains that the GLC, GLE and GLS continued to retain the tag of the highest selling SUV in their respective categories, and contributed strongly to the SUV segment. It also registered a double digit growth for the company. And so did the performance brand, Mercedes-AMG in India.
The double digit growth was also witnessed by the luxury sedan segment. The introduction of the Long Wheelbase E-Class significantly contributed to the volumes, mentioned the company. " Our market strategy is well-founded and highly customer centric, enabling us to contribute to the economy by doubling our volumes in the span of few years. 2017 was a successful year for us and the decision to introduce the Long Wheelbase E-Class was strategic and highly successful. We are in particular very satisfied with the strong growth in volumes in the C-Class, E-Class and the SUV segment which remains the mainstay of our portfolio" stated, Roland Folger, managing director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
As a part of the 2018 plan, Mercedes-Benz will be introducing new "fascinating" products, many without a predecessor in India. Additionally, there will be a range of AMG products that will make their debut in India this year. Further, Mercedes-Benz will be increasing its brand reach by further expanding its presence in the country. The company will also be focussing more on Tier II and Tier III markets in India.
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52.75 Lakhs
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block