Mercedes-Benz records the highest ever sales in India at 15,330 units
The year has just started and Mercedes-Benz India is already on a roll. The German car manufacturer posted its highest ever sales in the country at 15,330 units sold between January to December, 2017. This is a 15.9 percent growth compared to the same in 2016. Mercedes-Benz maintains that the GLC, GLE and GLS continued to retain the tag of the highest selling SUV in their respective categories, and contributed strongly to the SUV segment. It also registered a double digit growth for the company. And so did the performance brand, Mercedes-AMG in India.
The double digit growth was also witnessed by the luxury sedan segment. The introduction of the Long Wheelbase E-Class significantly contributed to the volumes, mentioned the company. " Our market strategy is well-founded and highly customer centric, enabling us to contribute to the economy by doubling our volumes in the span of few years. 2017 was a successful year for us and the decision to introduce the Long Wheelbase E-Class was strategic and highly successful. We are in particular very satisfied with the strong growth in volumes in the C-Class, E-Class and the SUV segment which remains the mainstay of our portfolio" stated, Roland Folger, managing director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
As a part of the 2018 plan, Mercedes-Benz will be introducing new "fascinating" products, many without a predecessor in India. Additionally, there will be a range of AMG products that will make their debut in India this year. Further, Mercedes-Benz will be increasing its brand reach by further expanding its presence in the country. The company will also be focussing more on Tier II and Tier III markets in India.
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship