MG ZS EV fast charging stations to be available in five Indian cities in first phase
MG Motor India is launching the MG ZS EV in a phased manner across the country. The electric SUV will be unveiled on December 5 with a launch sometime in January. The firm will start slow with the ZS EV, and launch the electric SUV in five cities, to begin with. But there will be fast-charging support in these cities. MG is partnering with Fortum to install 50kW CCS/CHAdeMO DC fast charging stations across MG's showrooms in five cities including Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad this year to begin with.
Once there is greater acceptance, infrastructure and a trained dealer network, the EV will be launched in more cities. The MG Hector's strong demand has put it on a tight production schedule. This will not affect the ZS EV, The two cars are independent programmes which have been built on separate lines. The SUV is being brought in as a CKD.
MG claims that the ZS EV will be a global offering and will have a driving range of 350km in one single charge. The MG ZS EV could be powered by a 52.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. A full charge could take eight hours from a wall charger. The firm is choosing this niche model to further highlight its aim of being a technology leader in the automotive industry. It recently opened the country's first digital showroom in Bengaluru in keeping with the same.
Watch our MG ZS EV review below:
Starts Rs 20.88 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Bajaj CT and Platina priced at Rs 40,794 and Rs 47,264 respectively
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hero Pleasure+ 110 vs Honda Activa 6G vs TVS Jupiter
- NewsFourth-generation Audi A8 L to be launched in India on February 3
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV launched in India, prices start at Rs 73.7 lakh
- NewsUnion Budget 2020 expectation: Removal of GST on Royalty payments to government, Vilas S Tawde, Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production