More spy images show the facelifted Hyundai Elantra completely undisguised
A new batch of spy images has appeared which show the facelifted Hyundai Elantra completely undisguised. Notable details seen in this pictures are the intricately styled front bumper and the angular light signature of the LED taillamps. The headlamps also seem to be full LEDs in this South Korean spec car.
The images show the front and rear of the car to have been redesigned completely. The front with the larger, more intricate hexagonal grille and sharp trapezoidal headlamps now follows a design theme seen on Hyundai's newest international offerings like the latest Sonata and Kona crossover. This sharper design theme also carries over to the bumper and fog lamps.
In profile, there don't seem to be major changes other than a new alloy wheel design. The rear again has had a lot of work done to it in the same angular theme. There is a new boot lid, new taillamps and a bumper that now incorporates the number plate housing. The tail lamps look especially detailed.
The interior should also receive updates like a reworked infotainment system, new materials and minor design changes. Additional features like a wireless charging pad and updates to the infotainment system and the MID can also be expected.
While the international market car is expected to come with a new Smart Stream engine option, it is unknown if this will be available on the Indian cars. Present engine options are a 1.6-litre diesel with 126PS and 260Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol with 152PS and 192Nm. These are paired with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Elantra competes with cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic. The new car will likely build on the qualities of good features and engine refinement of the earlier car but it would do good to improve on the ride and handling package of the last car.
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh