More spy images show the facelifted Hyundai Elantra completely undisguised
A new batch of spy images has appeared which show the facelifted Hyundai Elantra completely undisguised. Notable details seen in this pictures are the intricately styled front bumper and the angular light signature of the LED taillamps. The headlamps also seem to be full LEDs in this South Korean spec car.
The images show the front and rear of the car to have been redesigned completely. The front with the larger, more intricate hexagonal grille and sharp trapezoidal headlamps now follows a design theme seen on Hyundai's newest international offerings like the latest Sonata and Kona crossover. This sharper design theme also carries over to the bumper and fog lamps.
In profile, there don't seem to be major changes other than a new alloy wheel design. The rear again has had a lot of work done to it in the same angular theme. There is a new boot lid, new taillamps and a bumper that now incorporates the number plate housing. The tail lamps look especially detailed.
The interior should also receive updates like a reworked infotainment system, new materials and minor design changes. Additional features like a wireless charging pad and updates to the infotainment system and the MID can also be expected.
While the international market car is expected to come with a new Smart Stream engine option, it is unknown if this will be available on the Indian cars. Present engine options are a 1.6-litre diesel with 126PS and 260Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol with 152PS and 192Nm. These are paired with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Elantra competes with cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic. The new car will likely build on the qualities of good features and engine refinement of the earlier car but it would do good to improve on the ride and handling package of the last car.
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000