New-look Honda Jazz gets 130PS 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine option
Japanese automaker Honda on Monday revealed its new-look Jazz hatchback for the 2018 model year in Europe. The car gets a 130PS engine option for the first time in Europe, and will be showcased at the upcoming 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new engine option is a 1.5-litre i-VTEC which will be available for the Honda Jazz Dynamic trim. The Jazz will also carry forward the 102PS 1.3-litre engine option in all trims.
Along with increased performance, the new engine option provides good fuel efficiency with a claimed figure of 18.51kmpl on the CVT transmission variant. The CVT has been also reworked to deliver power in a more linear fashion, the company stated.
From an aesthetic point of view, the Dynamic trim distinguishes itself with a thinner and higher-set front splitter, and gets attractive red accent line under the front and rear bumpers. Dynamic grade also includes LED headlights, front fog lamps, side sill skirts, a tailgate spoiler and gloss-black 185/55 R16 alloy wheels.
The interior features a unique pinstripe pattern on the upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, all of which are enhanced by orange stitching. In a press statement, the Japanese company stated that bookings on the new Jazz will begin across Europe in November with deliveries commencing in 2018.
However, there was no mention if and when the Dynamic option will be available in other markets including India. That is definitely one hot hatch we would like to get our hands on. Honda, won't you please send this option to India too?
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles