New-look Honda Jazz gets 130PS 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine option
Japanese automaker Honda on Monday revealed its new-look Jazz hatchback for the 2018 model year in Europe. The car gets a 130PS engine option for the first time in Europe, and will be showcased at the upcoming 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new engine option is a 1.5-litre i-VTEC which will be available for the Honda Jazz Dynamic trim. The Jazz will also carry forward the 102PS 1.3-litre engine option in all trims.
Along with increased performance, the new engine option provides good fuel efficiency with a claimed figure of 18.51kmpl on the CVT transmission variant. The CVT has been also reworked to deliver power in a more linear fashion, the company stated.
From an aesthetic point of view, the Dynamic trim distinguishes itself with a thinner and higher-set front splitter, and gets attractive red accent line under the front and rear bumpers. Dynamic grade also includes LED headlights, front fog lamps, side sill skirts, a tailgate spoiler and gloss-black 185/55 R16 alloy wheels.
The interior features a unique pinstripe pattern on the upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, all of which are enhanced by orange stitching. In a press statement, the Japanese company stated that bookings on the new Jazz will begin across Europe in November with deliveries commencing in 2018.
However, there was no mention if and when the Dynamic option will be available in other markets including India. That is definitely one hot hatch we would like to get our hands on. Honda, won't you please send this option to India too?
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh