New-look Honda Jazz gets 130PS 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine option
Japanese automaker Honda on Monday revealed its new-look Jazz hatchback for the 2018 model year in Europe. The car gets a 130PS engine option for the first time in Europe, and will be showcased at the upcoming 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new engine option is a 1.5-litre i-VTEC which will be available for the Honda Jazz Dynamic trim. The Jazz will also carry forward the 102PS 1.3-litre engine option in all trims.
Along with increased performance, the new engine option provides good fuel efficiency with a claimed figure of 18.51kmpl on the CVT transmission variant. The CVT has been also reworked to deliver power in a more linear fashion, the company stated.
From an aesthetic point of view, the Dynamic trim distinguishes itself with a thinner and higher-set front splitter, and gets attractive red accent line under the front and rear bumpers. Dynamic grade also includes LED headlights, front fog lamps, side sill skirts, a tailgate spoiler and gloss-black 185/55 R16 alloy wheels.
The interior features a unique pinstripe pattern on the upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, all of which are enhanced by orange stitching. In a press statement, the Japanese company stated that bookings on the new Jazz will begin across Europe in November with deliveries commencing in 2018.
However, there was no mention if and when the Dynamic option will be available in other markets including India. That is definitely one hot hatch we would like to get our hands on. Honda, won't you please send this option to India too?
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app