New-look Honda Jazz gets 130PS 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine option
Japanese automaker Honda on Monday revealed its new-look Jazz hatchback for the 2018 model year in Europe. The car gets a 130PS engine option for the first time in Europe, and will be showcased at the upcoming 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new engine option is a 1.5-litre i-VTEC which will be available for the Honda Jazz Dynamic trim. The Jazz will also carry forward the 102PS 1.3-litre engine option in all trims.
Along with increased performance, the new engine option provides good fuel efficiency with a claimed figure of 18.51kmpl on the CVT transmission variant. The CVT has been also reworked to deliver power in a more linear fashion, the company stated.
From an aesthetic point of view, the Dynamic trim distinguishes itself with a thinner and higher-set front splitter, and gets attractive red accent line under the front and rear bumpers. Dynamic grade also includes LED headlights, front fog lamps, side sill skirts, a tailgate spoiler and gloss-black 185/55 R16 alloy wheels.
The interior features a unique pinstripe pattern on the upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, all of which are enhanced by orange stitching. In a press statement, the Japanese company stated that bookings on the new Jazz will begin across Europe in November with deliveries commencing in 2018.
However, there was no mention if and when the Dynamic option will be available in other markets including India. That is definitely one hot hatch we would like to get our hands on. Honda, won't you please send this option to India too?
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Toyota finally win at the Circuit de la Sarthe
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: Thank you for introducing me to the world of motorcycles
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: My royal Enfield Bullet 350 is the essence of everything I remember my Dad for
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Kazuki Nakajima puts No.8 Toyota on pole
- NewsVolvo announces Polestar developed S60 T8 Twin Engine
- OpinionThe wet lap
- NewsMaruti Suzuki ends production of the Ignis diesel variant
- News2019 KTM 390 Adventure: Four ADV motorcycles it will compete with in India
- NewsKTM India confirms 390 Adventure days before BMW G 310 GS launch. What does it mean?