New Maruti Suzuki Swift: Variants explained
India's favourite hatchback from Maruti Suzuki, the Swift is back in its new-gen avatar. The third gen Swift was globally unveiled last year. The 2018 Swift gets a bold new design and new interiors, keeping in line with its sporty appeal. The designers had a challenging task of revising the exterior design, whilst sticking to the basic silhouette of the Swift that has been its identity for years. Maruti will launch the new Swift with the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines as the current version, but we now know that this time Maruti will also bring in a sportier, more powerful Swift powered by a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine. We have already driven the new-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift, you can read our first drive impressions here. While the new Maruti Suzuki Swift will be launched at the Auto Expo 2018, here is what are the different features that will be offered in the new Swift.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift LDi/LXi variants come equipped with body coloured bumpers, LED rear combination and high mounted stop lights. In terms of safety, these variants get standard dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, front seat belts with pre-tensioner, Isofix with child seat anchorage and engine immobilizer. The other features include manual AC with heater and a tilt adjustable steering. It comes equipped with the new 5-speed manual transmission and runs on 165/80 R14 tyres with 14-inch steel wheels.
Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi/VXi
The Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi/VXi gets body coloured bumpers, door handles, ORVMs and also turn indicators integrated on ORVMs. The other cosmetic additions that it gets over the LDi/LXi include front seat back pocket, chrome on the parking brake tip, piano finished gear knob, chrome bit on door handles. In terms of safety, this one gets a security system over the options that is offered on the LDi/LXi variants. This version comes equipped with steering mounted controls for phone and audio, Aux, USB and Bluetooth connectivity, 4 speakers, remote locking, power windows and electrically adjustable ORVMs. These variants come with 5-speed manual transmission as standard and are also offered with an AMT unit on both petrol and diesel models. This one gets wheel caps over the 14-inch steel wheels.
The Maruti Suzuki ZDi/ZXi comes with most of the options that are offered on the VDi/VXi trims except for 15-inch alloy wheels on 185/65 tyres, reverse parking sensors, front fog lamps, 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, automatic climate control, electrically retractable ORVMs, rear defogger, rear wiper and washer, adjustable rear headrests, Like the VDi/VXi, this one is offered with a 5-speed MT or a 5-speed AMT unit on both petrol and diesel models.
Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi+/ZXi+
The Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi+/ZXi+ are top of the line variants and come loaded with features. It is equipped with LED projector lights with DRLs, automatic headlights, alloy wheels, reverse parking camera, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. While the Z+ trims of the new Maruti Suzuki are very well equipped, it is offered solely with a 5-speed manual transmission and not the AMT unit that is offered on the V and Z trims.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!