Renault Captur will be followed by 7-seater MPV to take on Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
Renault is all set to launch its flagship SUV offering, the Captur in India. The Renault Captur will be pitched against the likes of Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta. And now the company has also announced its plans of launching a 7-seater MPV crossover built under the project name RBC. The upcoming MPV will be based on the extended version of the CMF-A platform (underpins Renault Kwid hatchback) and will rival the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga in India.
Renault Espace concept image used for illustration purpose
The upcoming MPV will be the second offering in this space after the Renault Lodgy. Inspite of the Lodgy being based on the Duster and having an aggressive price, did not attract buyers looking for a compact MPV as an alternative to the popular Toyota Innova and also the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Both these models have set a benchmark in their respective segments by posting strong sales every year. The upcoming Renault MPV is said to have a high level of localization to make sure it is prices aggressively against the competition. In addition, the 7-seater Renault will sport a similar design language as the premium Renault Captur.
Sumit Sawhney, MD, Renault India, had commented earlier, "We will be working on segments where we are not present. We will try to bring in a lot of innovation in order to make them the game-changer in the segment and redefine it or create a sub-segment out of it."
We believe that the design of the 2017 Renault Captur will be one of its strongest highlights
The company is reportedly working on a compact SUV codenamed HBC that will be positioned between the Renault Kwid and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Renault is also hoping that the Captur will fetch a sales of 20,000-25,000 units in 2018.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.7 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar