Skoda Octavia RS sold out in India
The 2017 Skoda Octavia RS which a performance version of the regular Octavia arrived in India last month at Rs 24.62 lakh. The Skoda Octavia RS looked sportier with performance body kit and the same set of features that a top-spec Octavia gets. But most importantly, it was powered by an all-new motor that put out 230PS. Even if all of that sounds exciting, you can't get one right now as Skoda India has sold the first batch of 250 units of the Octavia RS. The next set of 250 cars should arrive by early 2018 and we believe Skoda India dealerships are already taking bookings for the new batch.
The 2017 Skoda Octavia RS features new 17-inch wheels and a more aggressive body kit with blacked-out trims, new bumpers, steel tip exhausts and a small spoiler. Inside, the car gets new seats with RS branding and contrast stitching, and a sportier steering wheel with paddle shifters. The rest of interior is the same with features like a 9.2-inch touchscreen that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirrorlink. Skoda has also added a limited slip differential.
The performance-spec version of the Skoda Octavia gets a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 230PS of power. The Skoda Octavia RS 230 is available in a single transmission option - a 6-speed DSG. Over the standard Octavia, the suspension has been updated too for better dynamics. In our road test impressions of the Skoda Octavia, we felt the engine, like most turbo-petrols from the VW Group is very rev happy and very linear. Throttle response is super quick too and, and the car leaps from standstill with a sense of urgency. It's not scary though, just exciting.
On the safety front, the car is equipped with nine airbags, ESP and features like predictive pedestrian protection, adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection, trailer assist and dynamic chassis control.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally