Skoda Octavia RS sold out in India
The 2017 Skoda Octavia RS which a performance version of the regular Octavia arrived in India last month at Rs 24.62 lakh. The Skoda Octavia RS looked sportier with performance body kit and the same set of features that a top-spec Octavia gets. But most importantly, it was powered by an all-new motor that put out 230PS. Even if all of that sounds exciting, you can't get one right now as Skoda India has sold the first batch of 250 units of the Octavia RS. The next set of 250 cars should arrive by early 2018 and we believe Skoda India dealerships are already taking bookings for the new batch.
The 2017 Skoda Octavia RS features new 17-inch wheels and a more aggressive body kit with blacked-out trims, new bumpers, steel tip exhausts and a small spoiler. Inside, the car gets new seats with RS branding and contrast stitching, and a sportier steering wheel with paddle shifters. The rest of interior is the same with features like a 9.2-inch touchscreen that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirrorlink. Skoda has also added a limited slip differential.
The performance-spec version of the Skoda Octavia gets a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 230PS of power. The Skoda Octavia RS 230 is available in a single transmission option - a 6-speed DSG. Over the standard Octavia, the suspension has been updated too for better dynamics. In our road test impressions of the Skoda Octavia, we felt the engine, like most turbo-petrols from the VW Group is very rev happy and very linear. Throttle response is super quick too and, and the car leaps from standstill with a sense of urgency. It's not scary though, just exciting.
On the safety front, the car is equipped with nine airbags, ESP and features like predictive pedestrian protection, adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection, trailer assist and dynamic chassis control.
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh