Skoda Superb Sportline spied undisguised before launch
The Skoda Superb Sportline has been spotted undisguised ahead of its launch in the next few weeks. Bookings for this new, sportier iteration of Skoda's flagship sedan have begun for Rs 50,000.
The Sportline comes with a more aggressive styling package inside and out. The exterior gets a new blacked-out grille, new black splitter below the bumper and a new alloy wheel design finished in silver and black. The rear gets a subtle spoiler on the boot lid. A new red paint shade will also be offered. Changes to the interior are a bit more pronounced. The cabin has been given the all-black treatment and a flat-bottomed steering wheel has also been added. Aluminium pedals are another addition, as are the sportier quilted seats.
The feature list will most likely remain unchanged. The usual amenities like three-zone climate control, the 6.5-inch touchscreen, ventilated seats and so on will also be available here.
Mechanically the Sportline remains unchanged. We think it will be powered by the 1.8-litre petrol option only. This motor puts out 180PS and up to 320 Nm with the manual gearbox. A seven-speed DSG could be the other gearbox option.
Prices for the Sportline will possibly undercut the of the top-spec L&K trim and be around the Rs 28 to 29 lakh mark. Skoda cars have a reputation of being good drivers cars and this model will let buyers get the feel of the firm's RS cars but in a less committed package.
Image source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year