Spotted: 2017 Mahindra KUV100 facelift caught testing in India
The Mahindra KUV100 is the company's smallest SUV. The KUV100 was an important product for the Indian automobile manufacturer as it was designed with inputs from Pininfarina S.p.A, the legendary Italian design house which also styled Ferrari cars. However, the design did receive mixed reactions from its target audience. As a part of midlife update, the Mahindra KUV100 will soon be getting a facelift. And for the first time, camouflaged mules of the same have been spotted testing in India.
The 2017 Mahindra KUV100 facelift gets an updated headlight design with a shorter profile that does not extend to the A-pillar as the outgoing model. The air intakes and the fog lamp housing too have been updated. In addition, the sabertooth-styled chrome grille has also got bigger. The side profile looks similar except for the new 15-inch alloy wheels, the design of which looks sportier than before. Towards the rear, one can notice the reworked bumper with subtle character lines along with additional detailing on the tail lights.
While the camouflaged test mules of the 2017 Mahindra KUV100 facelift do reveal the design changes done on the exterior profile, the interior updates are still not visible. We believe Mahindra will go in for a premium design and might also equip the infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, something that was introduced in the new Mahindra XUV500.
In terms of powertrain, the 2017 Mahindra KUV100 facelift will continue to use the same 1.2-litre naturally aspirated 3-cylinder motor called the mFlacon G80 and 1.2-litre mFalcon D75 motors. Whether Mahindra will continue to use these motors in the same state of tune or with any change is still not known for sure.
The Mahindra KUV100 is presently priced between Rs 4.57 -7.34 lakh, ex-Mumbai. We expect a marginal price increase from the present range. This compact SUV from Mahindra competes with the likes of Maruti Suzuki Wagon R and the Hyundai Grand i10 in India.
Image source: indianautosblog.com
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018