Suzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs 2.2 lakh after tax cut
Suzuki Motorcycle India has announced a price cut of Rs 2.2 lakh for its GSX-R1000R superbike. All CBU bikes in Suzuki's India line-up will have their prices revised and confirmation of this is expected shortly. The GSX-R1000R was earlier priced at Rs 22.5 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and will now be priced at Rs 20.3 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The GSX-R1000R is powered by a liquid cooled, fuel-injected, 999cc, inline four-cylinder motor which puts out 202PS and 118Nm, mated to a 6-speed transmission. The motorcycle weighs 202kgs and has a top speed of 300 kmph. The transmission is equipped with a bi-directional quickshifter that allows the rider to change gears without a clutch. A standard launch control system allows for quick progress from a standing start. Further, a traction control system aids in rider safety in low-grip situations. Electronically adjustable Showa shocks are also available as a standard fitment.
This price revision is a result of the government reducing duties on CBU motorcycles last month. Earlier, these bikes were taxed at 60 per cent for bikes with engines smaller than 800cc and at 75 per cent for bikes with engine capacity greater than 800cc. The new structure will now have a flat 50 per cent tax rate for all CBU bikes, irrespective of engine size. Other firms have already made similar announcements and Suzuki is now following suit. The GSX-R1000R rivals motorcycles like the Honda CBR1000RR, Yamaha YZF-R1 and Kawasaki ZX-10R in its segment. The litre-class bike segment has been hugely popular in India and provides numerous options to buyers. These lowered prices will make the GSX-R1000R accessible to newer buyers and should help the entire segment achieve better growth.
Starts Rs 16,15,000
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know