Tata 45X based premium hatchback to launch in India by the 2019 festive season
A day after Tata Motors revealed the name of its upcoming H5X-based SUV to be Harrier, come details about the launch of its new hatchback. The premium hatchback based on the Tata 45X concept is expected to arrive by the festive season of 2019. Tata Motors had debuted its Impact Design 2.0 design philosophy with the H5X and 45X, both of which are based on new platforms. The Tata 45X is based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP), now named Alfa. The 45X-based premium hatchback will compete with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz, and the Hyundai i20.
It is likely that the 45X will carry the same powertrain options as the Tata Nexon. That means the petrol variant will come powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged unit producing 110PS and 170Nm. The diesel will be a 1.5-litre motor with an output of 110PS and 260Nm. This should put it right up there as the most powerful hatchback in its segment.
The 45X was recently spied being tested. The 45X will come with large wheel arches and also bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tiago and the Bolt. We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, both of which come well equipped.
We also expect Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review