Tata Motors announces new electric mobility business with Shailesh Chandra at the helm
In keeping with the growing movement of the automobile industry towards greener technologies, Tata Motors has announced the creation of its new electric mobility business vertical. And to show its seriousness, the company has promoted its executive committee member Shailesh Chandra as the president - electric mobility business and corporate strategy. Tata had also made more announcements regarding its e-mobility business last week. Tata Motors has already won a major contract with government organisation EESL for delivery of 10,000 Tata Tigor electric vehicles (EVs).
Chandra has played a key role in the project in association with EESL. Speaking about the future of mobility, Tata Motors CEO and MD Guenter Butschek said, "Tata Motors is optimistic about the future of Electric vehicles and would play a leading role in the electric mobility evolution in the country. We will also leverage on the capabilities of other Tata Group companies to develop the full ecosystem and fast-track the adoption of e-mobility."
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders