Tata Tigor electric sedans delivered to EESL in India
Last week, Tata Motors rolled out the first batch of Tigor electric cars from its Sanand plant. And now the company has delivered the first batch to Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), a government run body. Present at the hand over function were Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors, Saurabh Kumar, managing director, EESL and other senior management teams from both the companies.
The company states that the Tigor EV is a full electric, zero emission car. The Tata Tigor EV that will be delivered to ESSL will be offered in three trims, base, premium and high and will be available in pearlescent white colour with blue decals. Tata Motors is offering fully automatic climate control as standard across all variants. The Tata Tigor EV will be equipped with a single speed, automatic transmission. The electric motor that is being offered in the Tigor EV has been developed by Electra EV. The company has still not disclosed the specs of the Tigor electric.
"This initiative of the Government of India to procure 10,000 electric vehicles is a bold step in terms of promoting green & sustainable transport solutions. With Tigor EV, we have begun our journey in boosting e-mobility and will offer a full range of electric vehicles to the Indian customers. This tender has effectively paved way for connecting our aspirations in the e-mobility space with the vision of the Government." commented, Guenter Butschek.
We believe Tata Motors could look at introducing the Tigor electric sedan in India but the time frame for the same is yet to be seen. We did reach out to the company to find out more info and details on when does Tata Motors plan to launch the Tigor EV in India. The company replied that there is definitely a plan to enter the EV space but the timeline for the same has not been fixed yet. The company also declined to make a comment on whether the Tigor would be the first EV to be rolled out for regular customers. Let us know your views on the same in the comment section below.
Starts Rs 5.2 Lakhs
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship