Tata Motors christened its upcoming B+ Segment hatchback as Altroz
Tata Motors has officially confirmed that their upcoming hatchback in the B+ segment will be called the Altroz. The concept car was showcased at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo and was called the 45X. The Tata Altroz will be showcased in its production spec at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show which will be held between March 5 and 17.
The spy shots of the Tata Altroz which surfaced the internet displayed flared fenders and an upswept windowline which could mean that the styling could be loyal to the concept car that was showcased earlier. The name of the car is inspired by a bird, Albatros and the styling will be based on the company's Impact 2.0 design language.
The upcoming hatchback will be based on the new ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) platform and will have a choice of petrol and diesel engine. We expect the 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine to be offered. Both the engines will come with a manual transmission, although to keep the cost competitive, the manufacturer could offer an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).
Expect the upcoming B+ segment hatchback to be launched in April and to be priced between Rs 5.5 lakh and Rs 8 lakh. The Tata Altroz will rival the Hyundai i20 Elite, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India