Tata Nexon AMT technical details revealed
Tata Motors has launched a 6-speed automated manual transmission option for its Nexon compact SUV. The Nexon AMT has three driving modes ? City, Eco and Sport ? just like the manual, which makes it the first AMT equipped vehicle to feature multiple driving modes. Then there are features like Hill Assist to prevent the car from rolling back on inclines and a creep function that ensures you don't have to keep nudging the throttle when crawling in bumper to bumper traffic.The AMT also comes with features such as anti-stall, kick-down and fast-off. Another addition is the new Etna orange paint option with a silver dual-tone roof option. You can read our full review of the Nexon AMT here.
Engine-wise, the Nexon remains unchanged. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm.
Since its launch in September 2017, the Nexon has been a sales success for Tata Motors and more than 25,000 units have been produced. The car competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. It has appealed to buyers with its competitive pricing, exterior design and a feature-ready cabin. This new AMT version and a new XZ variant that launched some time ago should help fill out some gaps in the Nexon's range when seen alongside rivals.
Also see: Mahindra XUV300 v Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon & Ford EcoSport Comparison Test Video
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
- NewsWRC 2019: Gaurav Gill ranked sixth in WRC2 category at Rally Turkey
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Mohite closes in on Balu's ITC lead
- NewsTVS Radeon celebratory edition launched at Rs 52,720 - now gets an option of disc brake
- News2020 Ducati Monster 1200 S unveiled internationally
- News2019 Volkswagen Ameo Class: Season finale kicks off this weekend with three-way championship battle