Tata Nexon JTP performance SUV could be a possibility
OVERDRIVE has a reason to believe that JT Special Vehicles, the company behind the Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP, might also consider putting the Tata Nexon through a similar performance and handling upgrade.
Officials have said that they are looking at a number of ways to grow the JTP brand. This will be by launching more JTP cars, aftermarket components for these cars and maybe even a one-make racing series.
We feel that the Nexon might be the most pertinent model to get the JTP treatment next. Like the Tiago and Tigor, the Nexon is one of the more popular cars in the Tata Motors product portfolio. This will make it an easier sell to first-time buyers of performance cars, the audience that JTSV is specifically targeting. The SUV bodystyle also helps in this regard. Further, we know that the Nexon's petrol motor can be worked on to become a smooth, tractable performer, as seen in the Tiago/Tigor JTP twins.
Our long term Tata Nexons were part of our mega-SUV test that is one of the big features in our September 2018 (20th anniversary!) issue
If a Nexon JTP makes it to production, we expect a power output around the 140 to 150PS mark. There will also be upgrades to the suspension and gearbox. A more aggressive styling packages with a number of functional additions will round off the major changes.
2018 Tata Tigor JTP and Tiago JTP first drive review
Tata Tiago JTP and Tata Tigor JTP: Five things you need to know
Spec Comparo: Tata Tigor JTP v Tata Tiago JTP v Maruti Baleno RS vs VW Polo GT TSI
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsSpecification comparison: Hero Xtreme 160R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4V vs Bajaj Pulsar NS160 vs Suzuki Gixxer 155 vs Yamaha FZ-S Fi V3.0
- FeaturesFive best V12-powered cars you can buy in 2020
- NewsHere's how Toyota is helping owners of its legendary sportscars, like the Supra and 2000GT, keep their cars running
- NewsKia Seltos gets top-spec Gravity variant in South Korea
- FeaturesPantera RX6 Rallycross car driven: Growing wings!
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block