Tata Nexon launches in India today, here is everything you need to know
Tata Motors will be launching the Nexon in the Indian market today. The Tata Nexon is an important product for the company as it marks an entry of Tata Motors in the popular sub-4m SUV segment. The crossover is being manufactured at the Ranjangaon facility. The Tata Nexon competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300. The sub-4m Tata Nexon gets a choice between 1.5-litre diesel motor and a 1.2-litre petrol motor. The sub-4m crossover will sold in the base XE, XM, XT and XZ+ trims. The company's dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the Nexon and the deliveries are expected to begin in a week or two. Here's everything you need to know about the 2017 Tata Nexon.
The 2017 Tata Nexon will be available with two engine options. The Nexon's all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor is good for 110PS/260Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The engine has lots of torque at the bottom-end and makes do with lesser gear changes. The Nexon can also be ordered with a new 1.2-litre 110PS petrol engine as well.
In terms of dimensions, the Nexon measures 3,994mm in length, 1,811mm in width and 1,607mm in height. This makes the Nexon as long and wider than the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport.
The 2017 Tata Nexon comes equipped with some unique features like the floating touchscreen infotainment that also has a provision to hold an umbrella in the front door, drive modes, parking assist and wide angle rear view camera. Lest we forget, the wristband-type RF-based. The
The inside of the car could have been a tad better executed. The dashboard by itself isn't as bad looking but there are a few elements that could have been better like plastics at some place
One can book the Tata Nexon at any of the company's dealerships for a token amount of Rs 10,000 in Delhi and Rs 11,000 in Mumbai. We have learnt that the deliveries of the Nexon will happen from mid-October onwards. Both the petrol and diesel models will be available from the first day itself. The Tata Nexon has already been spotted at the company's dealerships.
While there is still time for Tata Motors to officially release the price of the 2017 Nexon, we expect it to be available from Rs 6.5 lakh onwards.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for a detailed 2017 Tata Nexon road test review.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing