Tata Nexon launches in India today, here is everything you need to know
Tata Motors will be launching the Nexon in the Indian market today. The Tata Nexon is an important product for the company as it marks an entry of Tata Motors in the popular sub-4m SUV segment. The crossover is being manufactured at the Ranjangaon facility. The Tata Nexon competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300. The sub-4m Tata Nexon gets a choice between 1.5-litre diesel motor and a 1.2-litre petrol motor. The sub-4m crossover will sold in the base XE, XM, XT and XZ+ trims. The company's dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the Nexon and the deliveries are expected to begin in a week or two. Here's everything you need to know about the 2017 Tata Nexon.
The 2017 Tata Nexon will be available with two engine options. The Nexon's all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor is good for 110PS/260Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The engine has lots of torque at the bottom-end and makes do with lesser gear changes. The Nexon can also be ordered with a new 1.2-litre 110PS petrol engine as well.
In terms of dimensions, the Nexon measures 3,994mm in length, 1,811mm in width and 1,607mm in height. This makes the Nexon as long and wider than the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport.
The 2017 Tata Nexon comes equipped with some unique features like the floating touchscreen infotainment that also has a provision to hold an umbrella in the front door, drive modes, parking assist and wide angle rear view camera. Lest we forget, the wristband-type RF-based. The
The inside of the car could have been a tad better executed. The dashboard by itself isn't as bad looking but there are a few elements that could have been better like plastics at some place
One can book the Tata Nexon at any of the company's dealerships for a token amount of Rs 10,000 in Delhi and Rs 11,000 in Mumbai. We have learnt that the deliveries of the Nexon will happen from mid-October onwards. Both the petrol and diesel models will be available from the first day itself. The Tata Nexon has already been spotted at the company's dealerships.
While there is still time for Tata Motors to officially release the price of the 2017 Nexon, we expect it to be available from Rs 6.5 lakh onwards.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for a detailed 2017 Tata Nexon road test review.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.76 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India