Tata Tiago crosses 7,000 sales in India in August 2017
Tata Motors' Tiago has found more than 7,000 new homes this August in India. The compact hatchback that was launched last year has been seeing steady sales numbers and is now all set to take the Maruti Celerio head on. Maruti's all-new Celerio, when launched in 2014, was a car buyer's favourite with as many as 14,000 units sold in a particular month and waiting periods extending all the way to eight months.
The Tata's starting price of Rs 3.26 lakh is one key reasons buyers flock to Tata showrooms
The Tata Tiago boasts a simple design language that is said to be the key attraction for buyers. A few customers OVERDRIVE spoke to said that they also appreciated the value for money proposition that the Tata Tiago brings along with it. The Tata Tiago has a roomy cabin, a Harman infotainment system that comes with eight speakers and a choice of petrol and diesel engines. Tata Motors offers the 85PS petrol engine with a choice of a 5-speed manual and an AMT. The 70PS diesel engine in the meanwhile claims a lofty 27.28kmpl fuel efficiency and comes with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The Tata Tiago Wizz brings in red colour inserts and new graphics
Tata Motors also recently introduced the Tiago Wizz, a cosmetically spruced up edition of the hatchback. The limited edition Tiago Wizz remains on sale for a few months and is priced Rs 15,000 more than the corresponding XT trims.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV