Tata Tigor electric rolled out of the Sanand plant in India
Tata Motors had bagged the Rs 1,120 crore tender to manufacture 10,000 units of the Tata Tigor Electric Vehicle (EV) for the government. The Tata Tigor electric sedans are being manufactured at the company's premier facility in Sanand. And the first batch of these sedans have already been rolled out to be sent to Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), a government run body. Present at the roll-out event were N Chandrasekaran, chairman, Tata Sons and Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus, Tata Group and Guenter Butschek,CEO, Tata Motors.
The company has still not disclosed the specs of the Tigor electric which is powered by Electra EV, that Canadian brand that is also believed to be making a powertrain for the Nano EV. The Tiago EV concept that was showcased at the Low Carbon Vehicle Milbrook earlier this year was running on a 85kW electric motor that makes 200Nm. It comes equipped with driving modes including City and Sport with a 0 to 100kmph in under 11 seconds and a top whack of 135kmph. In the case of the Tigor EV, the tender requires for the car to have a minimum range of 150km on a single charge. We believe Tata Motors could look at introducing the Tigor electric sedan in India but the time frame for the same is yet to be seen.
"With Tigor EV, we have begun our journey in boosting e-mobility and offering a full range of electric vehicles to the Indian customers. This tender has effectively paved way for connecting our aspirations in the e-mobility space with the vision of the Government." commented Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors.
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo priced at Rs 1.92 crore, bookings now open in India
- News700PS+ Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 teased, goes on sale in 2019
- Features2018 TVS Ntorq125 longterm report: Introduction
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer ABS launched in India at Rs 87,250 ex-Delhi
- NewsBMW G 310 GS and G 310 R to be launched in India simultaneously by June-end
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition to be priced at Rs 2.5 lakh in India
- NewsDelhi-Meerut Expressway and Eastern Peripheral Expressway inaugurated
- News15,000th McLaren Automotive car rolled out
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R First ride review
- News2018 Ford Figo facelift to launch in India around October