Volkswagen Polo hatchback facelift spotted uncamouflaged in India - launch expected soon
The Volkswagen Polo hatchback has been spotted with a new fascia in Pune, India. The three test mules sported cosmetic changes such as a new sharper front bumper, honeycomb grille, and the rear bumper has an addition of a diffuser. The bumpers and the skirts get an additional lip that surrounds the car. However, the tail lamp assembly remains the same. The alloy wheels get the same design as the current 15-inch wheels available from the OEM (original equipment manufacturer), however, the hatchback on sale could see some tweaks.
The changes were just skin deep and the interior of the Polo was the same as the current car on sale. That said, we could see a new infotainment system on offer with the car.
Mechanically, the Polo will be continued to be offered with a 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine producing 76PS and 95Nm of torque, however, in a BSVI compliant tune. The diesel engine is expected to get a similar treatment. The TSI variant could see a downsized 1.0-litre turbocharged engine to make it BSVI compliant.
Expect a price bump of Rs 40,000-60,000 for the BSVI compliant hatchback on ex-showroom cost. The new Polo could be priced between Rs 6-10 lakh and will rival the Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Toyota Glanza.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso in top 10 best selling cars sold in India within a month of its launch
- NewsToyota to stop selling small diesel cars in India after BSVI shift
- NewsCARS24 commences operations in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh - opens 50 more outlets in India
- News2020 Audi S8 with a massive 800 Nm debuts internationally
- News2020 Triumph Rocket 3 to be showcased at India Bike Week - launch expected soon