Confirmed: 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler India launch on Aug 24
A day after we reported the possible launch of a new Triumph Motorcycles model in India, OVERDRIVE now has the confirmation that the motorcycle to be launched on August 24 will be the Triumph Street Scrambler. The motorcycle from the British bike maker's modern classic line will tentatively cost around Rs 8.1 lakh, while the exact price will be revealed on August 24. Bookings for the new motorcycle are now open at dealerships across the country, with an initial booking amount of Rs 1 lakh. Deliveries for the Triumph Street Scrambler will commence in September, a fortnight after the launch.
Triumph Motorcycles will launch the bike priced Rs 1 lakh higher than the Street Twin, which is priced at Rs 7.17 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Triumph Street Scrambler is a more off-road capable version of the 2016 Triumph Street Twin, launched in India last year. It hence inherits most of the mechanical bits from the latter, including the 900cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine that produces 55PS and 80Nm. The motorcycle also gets ride-by-wire throttle.
Among the key differentiating features of this new motorcycle will be a taller 19-inch front wheel, wire-spoke wheels, longer-travel rear suspension by Fox adjustable for preload and compression damping, high-set twin pipes culminating in a two-into-one Vance and Hines exhaust, and a pillion seat that can be interchanged with a luggage track.
For better grip on and off the road, the Triumph Street Scrambler will come shod with Metzeler Tourance tyres. The entire package is meant to be better suited to handling off-road trails than the Street Twin, but how much better it really is will be clear once we get astride one. The motorcycle will compete with the Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled priced at Rs 9.32 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The Street Scrambler will be part of the refreshed modern classic line of Triumph Motorcycles based on the 2016 Triumph Bonneville range launched in India, which includes the T100, T120, Bonneville Bobber, Thruxton, Thruxton R, and Street Twin models.
Here is a short video of the 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler:
Starts Rs 8,60,000
Starts Rs 7,23,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP