Auto Expo 2018: Toyota Vios to make India debut
The Toyota Vios is expected to make its debut at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Toyota Vios sedan was recently spied undergoing tests in a heavily-disguised form, just weeks ahead of the Auto Expo. This suggests that we can expect it to be launched in India soon. The Toyota Vios which is already enjoying success in various South East Asian countries will compete with the Hyundai Verna, Honda City, and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in its segment in India. While talks of its launch have been on since 2015, when we first drove it, the new generation Toyota Vios looks ready to make its debut this time around. Production of the Vios will begin later this year, with a possible launch around the festive season. The Vios is among a handful of new sedans expected to come to India in 2018.
The Toyota Vios exterior design comes inspired by that of its larger stablemate, the all-new Toyota Camry Hybrid. It features projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, a new T-shaped front grille, as well as LED fog lamps. At the rear, LED taillamps surround a chrome boot lid and with fluid fog lamps. 16-inch alloy wheels complete the look. Based on Toyota's B-platform, expect a choice of a 1.5-litre petrol and an India-exclusive 1.4-litre diesel option.
Starts Rs 9.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 36.95 Lakhs
- NewsAprilia 150cc motorcycles' India launch pushed ahead - focusing on electrification and BSVI compliancy
- NewsRevolt's all-electric motorcycle to be launched in India today
- News2019 Mahindra Thar 700 limited edition 4x4 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsHonda Amaze Ace edition launched at Rs 7.89 lakh to celebrate 1 lakh sales in 13 months
- NewsMG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch