Auto Expo 2018: Toyota Vios to make India debut
The Toyota Vios is expected to make its debut at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Toyota Vios sedan was recently spied undergoing tests in a heavily-disguised form, just weeks ahead of the Auto Expo. This suggests that we can expect it to be launched in India soon. The Toyota Vios which is already enjoying success in various South East Asian countries will compete with the Hyundai Verna, Honda City, and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in its segment in India. While talks of its launch have been on since 2015, when we first drove it, the new generation Toyota Vios looks ready to make its debut this time around. Production of the Vios will begin later this year, with a possible launch around the festive season. The Vios is among a handful of new sedans expected to come to India in 2018.
The Toyota Vios exterior design comes inspired by that of its larger stablemate, the all-new Toyota Camry Hybrid. It features projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, a new T-shaped front grille, as well as LED fog lamps. At the rear, LED taillamps surround a chrome boot lid and with fluid fog lamps. 16-inch alloy wheels complete the look. Based on Toyota's B-platform, expect a choice of a 1.5-litre petrol and an India-exclusive 1.4-litre diesel option.
Starts Rs 9.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.5 Lakhs
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders
- NewsMotoGP 2019: Last lap glory for Marc Marquez at Misano
- NewsConfirmed: KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India on September 23
- News2019 Royal Enfield Rider Mania opens registrations
- NewsWRC 2019: Sebastien Ogier wins Rally Turkey to keep title hopes alive