2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
New reports have emerged stating that Hyundai India has brought forward the launch of the Hyundai Creta facelift to May 2018, from the earlier announced August 2018. The lower spec versions of the new car are expected to be priced similar to the outgoing model but the higher variants may see a price hike of Rs. 80,000, presumably due to the addition of a sunroof. The facelifted car will feature many subtle changes over the present model and is thought to closely resemble the Brazilian-spec Creta Sport in its looks. The new Creta will get a larger chrome trimmed hexagonal front grille.The front bumper now has new fog lamp housing and a pronounced chin which merges into the front grille. The rear bumpers have also been redesigned while the taillamps will also receive a subtle tweak. New 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels will replace the existing design. The interior will be carried over from the previous car with the only change being the addition of the smoother, grey-themed infotainment system from the new Elite i20.
The facelifted Creta's powertrain options will remain unchanged with the 1.4 diesel(90PS, 220 Nm), 1.6 diesel(128PS, 220Nm) and 1.6 petrol(123PS, 151Nm) being carried over. These will be mated to the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions. Hyundai has already started training dealers in preparation of this launch and the first cars will start to be dispatched by the end of April. The Hyundai Creta has been a strong seller for Hyundai since its launch three years ago and with this update, Hyundai hopes to sustain its momentum in this segment. Its present competition includes the likes of the Jeep Compass, Renault Captur, Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 with numerous new entrants expected in the next couple of years.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.99 Lakhs
- News2019 Ducati Scrambler range to be launched in India today
- FeaturesFIVA General Council Meeting in India
- FeaturesFIVA President in Conversation with Bob Rupani
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip