2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure in works, to debut at 2018 EICMA?
BMW introduced the middle-weight adventure offerings, the F 750 GS and the F 850 GS at the EICMA 2017. Both these motorcycles were launched in India at the 2018 Auto Expo priced at Rs 12.2 lakh for the F 750 GS and Rs 13.75 lakh for the F 850 GS. And now BMW Motorrad is working on what looks possibly the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure that might make its first appearance at the 2018 EICMA.
The 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure looks taller and wider than the regular offering
As the name suggests, the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure will be a more off-road biased version of the regular F 850 GS and is being looked at as a replacement of the F800GS Adventure. According to motorcycle.com, the upcoming addition to BMW's portfolio has been certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a 2019 model.
The 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure will come equipped with a larger fuel tank, auxiliary lights, bigger windscreen, reworked bash plate design and crash bars. The website also reports that the rear subframe will be stronger to offer a better support to the pillion as well as the luggage. It is also being speculated that the 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure will be 15kg heavier than the the standard model and will have a kerb weight of 244kg. Since this one will be taller and wider, we believe it will have additional suspension travel, making it more suitable for off-road and trail riding.
The 853cc parallel-twin engine that does duty in the regular 750/850 models will be used in the 850 GS A as well. EPA certification mentions that this motor makes 88.5PS at 8,000rpm. The 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure will compete with the likes of the new-gen Triumph Tiger 800 XCa and the Honda Africa Twin. If BMW Motorrad decides to bring the F 850 GS Adventure in India, it might attract an additional premium of Rs 1 lakh over the regular model.
Starts Rs 11,76,000
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16
- NewsHyundai Verna gets a new 1.4 litre diesel option, other new variants
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 SUV unveiled in Thailand with sportier trim
- NewsE-Trio Automobiles to launch retrofitted EV conversion kits for Alto and Wagon R
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350X ABS and 500X ABS spotted at dealerships in India
- News2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro image gallery