BMW 8-Series might debut in production spec at Le Mans on June 15
Leaked internal documents show that BMW is planning to launch its new 8-Series flagship coupe at a sales event during the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race to be held in France on June 15. The company had already launched the racing prototype based on the 8-Series at the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Le Mans debut of that car is expected to be the backdrop of the production car's launch. A range-topping M8 Gran Coupe concept was also shown at this year's Geneva Motor Show.
BMW Concept 8 Series
When launched, the 8-Series will be the flagship sports car of the BMW line-up. The car is expected to be powered by BMWs line up of 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines while the range-topping M8 will be powered by the M5's 4.4-litre twin turbo V8, but probably with better outputs than the smaller car's 608PS and 750Nm. All 8-Series cars should be mated to the 8-speed ZF automatic while a rear-biased four-wheel drive system should be available on the M8. In terms of body styles, the car will come as a 2-door coupe and convertible and a 4-door coupe.
The 8-Series will come BMW's line up of six and eight cylinder motors
When launched, the 8-Series will compete with the likes of the Bentley Continental GT, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and the Porsche Panamera. BMW sold the original 8-Series between 1989 and 1999. The car was the flagship grand tourer of the German carmaker's range and was well liked for its speed, looks and driving dynamics. BMW will be hoping the new car can be a suitable follow up to the original.
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty