BMW 8-Series might debut in production spec at Le Mans on June 15
Leaked internal documents show that BMW is planning to launch its new 8-Series flagship coupe at a sales event during the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race to be held in France on June 15. The company had already launched the racing prototype based on the 8-Series at the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Le Mans debut of that car is expected to be the backdrop of the production car's launch. A range-topping M8 Gran Coupe concept was also shown at this year's Geneva Motor Show.
BMW Concept 8 Series
When launched, the 8-Series will be the flagship sports car of the BMW line-up. The car is expected to be powered by BMWs line up of 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines while the range-topping M8 will be powered by the M5's 4.4-litre twin turbo V8, but probably with better outputs than the smaller car's 608PS and 750Nm. All 8-Series cars should be mated to the 8-speed ZF automatic while a rear-biased four-wheel drive system should be available on the M8. In terms of body styles, the car will come as a 2-door coupe and convertible and a 4-door coupe.
The 8-Series will come BMW's line up of six and eight cylinder motors
When launched, the 8-Series will compete with the likes of the Bentley Continental GT, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and the Porsche Panamera. BMW sold the original 8-Series between 1989 and 1999. The car was the flagship grand tourer of the German carmaker's range and was well liked for its speed, looks and driving dynamics. BMW will be hoping the new car can be a suitable follow up to the original.
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
Starts Rs 1.06 Crore
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India