Ford to launch 2018 EcoSport in India on November 9, 2017
Ford India has announced that the 2018 EcoSport will be launched in India on November 9, 2017. The new EcoSport gets a raft of updates, both on the outside as well as the inside. The most notable changes are the new trapezoidal grille, flanked by new headlights with integrated DRLs. The new EcoSport will also feature redesigned front and rear bumpers and a new cover for the spare wheel.
The interiors too have been given a refresh and it looks quite contemporary. The new bits include the steering wheel, instrument panel and dashboard layout. The most significant update, however, is the new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and comes with Ford's latest SYNC 3 software.
The new EcoSport is expected to go on sale with two engine options-one petrol and one diesel motor. The new petrol motor, the 1.5-litre, three-cylinder Dragon engine was showcased recently at Ford's Sanand facility in Gujarat. The engine produces 123PS and 150Nm. The Dragon engine produces 10 per cent more power and 7 per cent more torque. Compared to the outgoing 4-cylinder engine, the Ford 3-cylinder Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient, claims Ford India. The diesel engine will be the tried and tested 1.5 litre TDCi motor that produces 99PS.
Recently a Titanium S TDCi variant of the new EcoSport was snapped at a stockyard in India. It features sporty elements that include a blacked out grille, smoked lights and different alloy wheels.
Image source: Team-BHP.com
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors