Ford to launch 2018 EcoSport in India on November 9, 2017
Ford India has announced that the 2018 EcoSport will be launched in India on November 9, 2017. The new EcoSport gets a raft of updates, both on the outside as well as the inside. The most notable changes are the new trapezoidal grille, flanked by new headlights with integrated DRLs. The new EcoSport will also feature redesigned front and rear bumpers and a new cover for the spare wheel.
The interiors too have been given a refresh and it looks quite contemporary. The new bits include the steering wheel, instrument panel and dashboard layout. The most significant update, however, is the new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and comes with Ford's latest SYNC 3 software.
The new EcoSport is expected to go on sale with two engine options-one petrol and one diesel motor. The new petrol motor, the 1.5-litre, three-cylinder Dragon engine was showcased recently at Ford's Sanand facility in Gujarat. The engine produces 123PS and 150Nm. The Dragon engine produces 10 per cent more power and 7 per cent more torque. Compared to the outgoing 4-cylinder engine, the Ford 3-cylinder Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient, claims Ford India. The diesel engine will be the tried and tested 1.5 litre TDCi motor that produces 99PS.
Recently a Titanium S TDCi variant of the new EcoSport was snapped at a stockyard in India. It features sporty elements that include a blacked out grille, smoked lights and different alloy wheels.
Image source: Team-BHP.com
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!
- NewsBMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS: Watch the BMW Motorrad live webcast here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R