Ford to launch 2018 EcoSport in India on November 9, 2017
Ford India has announced that the 2018 EcoSport will be launched in India on November 9, 2017. The new EcoSport gets a raft of updates, both on the outside as well as the inside. The most notable changes are the new trapezoidal grille, flanked by new headlights with integrated DRLs. The new EcoSport will also feature redesigned front and rear bumpers and a new cover for the spare wheel.
The interiors too have been given a refresh and it looks quite contemporary. The new bits include the steering wheel, instrument panel and dashboard layout. The most significant update, however, is the new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and comes with Ford's latest SYNC 3 software.
The new EcoSport is expected to go on sale with two engine options-one petrol and one diesel motor. The new petrol motor, the 1.5-litre, three-cylinder Dragon engine was showcased recently at Ford's Sanand facility in Gujarat. The engine produces 123PS and 150Nm. The Dragon engine produces 10 per cent more power and 7 per cent more torque. Compared to the outgoing 4-cylinder engine, the Ford 3-cylinder Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient, claims Ford India. The diesel engine will be the tried and tested 1.5 litre TDCi motor that produces 99PS.
Recently a Titanium S TDCi variant of the new EcoSport was snapped at a stockyard in India. It features sporty elements that include a blacked out grille, smoked lights and different alloy wheels.
Image source: Team-BHP.com
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out