Geneva Motor Show 2019: Tata Motors to debut new EV
Shailesh Chandra, head of electric mobility business and corporate strategy at Tata Motors told a news outlet that the company will showcase a new EV at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. This electric car will be a hatchback and will cater to personal buyers. A production version will launch in the next to years and will not be based on any existing products.
He went on to state that the EV could have a range of 200 to 250 km. This could cause the prices to be higher but some of the premium may be offset by the government's FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of hybrid and Electric vehicles) incentives.
The company has been looking for partnerships to optimise the car's costs and make it a viable project. The company have been looking for these partners and carrying on discussions since the 10,000 car EESL tender it won. These partnerships will not only look at developing and selling electric vehicles, but also how they can create a centralised approach to deliver a whole eco-system of EV solutions in the various markets. It has already tied up with many group companies for this.
The Geneva Show has seen Tata Motors showcase all of its important cars over the past two decades, including the Indica. We can expect this year to be no different. A slew of production and concept cars will make their appearance. Apart from this EV concept, we can expect to see the production version of the 45X hatchback and the seven-seater version of the Tata Harrier. Also expected is a closer to production version of the E-vision sedan shown last year.
Starts Rs 12.69 Lakhs
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and 500 India launch
- NewsAston Martin DBS GT Zagato can be bought only with the the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation
- NewsMahindra's genuine spares will also be sold online on M2ALL.com
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to drive Ferrari SF90 at Bahrain test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip