Hyundai Ioniq hybrid gets a five-star ASEAN NCAP rating
The Hyundai Ioniq hybrid sedan is the fifth model that has been tested by ASEAN NCAP. The Hyundai Ioniq has received 46.34 points for adult occupant protection and 21.48 points for child occupant protection. The agency states that the all new Hyundai Ioniq comes equipped with most of the technologies required by ASEAN NCAP, standard in all variants except for the Blind Spot technology that is offered as an optional equipment in Malaysia. With a total of 91.98 points, the Hyundai Ioniq hybrid sedan has earned a 5-star safety rating in this crash test.
With a total of 91.98 points, the Hyundai Ioniq hybrid sedan has earned a 5-star safety rating in the ASEAN NCAP crash test
Hyundai had showcased its first dedicated hybrid car, the Ioniq at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Ioniq is the world's first car to offer three powertrains ? pure electric, plug-in hybrid and standard hybrid. The hybrid and the plug-in hybrid versions feature the new Kappa 1.6GDI, four-cylinder engine. This motor has been specifically designed for hybrid application. It puts out 105PS/147Nm and it mated to a six-speed double clutch transmission. The Ionic will offer a dynamic driving experience, claims Hyundai.
The all-new Hyundai Ioniq's hybrid unit has a combined power output of 141PS and 265Nm
The electric motor makes 43.5PS/170Nm and is powered by lithium-ion polymer battery. The combined power output of the electric motor with the conventional engine is 141PS and 265Nm. Hyundai claims that the Ioniq will have a max speed of 185km/h. The Korean automobile manufacturer had showcased the Ioniq hybrid at the 2018 Auto Expo. While the manufacturer was serious about bringing the Ioniq to India but the revised GST structure for hybrids acted as an obstacle. We believe the Kona will be the first EV that will be launched by Hyundai in India.
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC