India-bound Jeep Renegade details revealed
Jeep has officially unveiled the images of the facelifted Jeep Renegade that is expected to be launched in India. The timeline for the same is still not known. The facelifted Jeep Renegade does look distinct compared to the previous model as it gets a host of cosmetic additions.
The front profile of the 2018 Jeep Renegade looks more aggressive than the previous model
The main change that one would notice on the Jeep Renegade facelift is the aggressive front profile. It gets LED headlights with DRLs, that does look similar to the one offered on the new Wrangler. We must say that the facelifted Jeep Renegade looks a lot more exciting than the previous model. The bumper design has got a more busier and comes with chiseled lower section. While the silhouette remains unchanged, the rear gets new lights and slight tweak in the bumper, all of which makes the new Renegade look sportier than before.
The Jeep Renegade facelift images that have been revealed only show the exterior as the interior design has still not been disclosed. As we had reported earlier, the cabin of the Jeep Renegade too will be updated. The larger infotainment system and the climate control unit seems to have been borrowed from the 2019 Jeep Cherokee.
The rear of the 2018 Jeep Renegade looks similar to the previous model
More than the exterior and the interior, the Jeep Renegade facelift is also expected to get an update in the powertrain options. The 2.4-litre unit that been doing the duty in the present model will be replaced by the turbo 2.0-litre that is offered in the 2019 Cherokee and the Wrangler. It is obvious that Jeep will be altering the power outputs of this engine to make it suitable for the Renegade SUV. It is also believed that a mild hybrid unit might be introduced in the Renegade in the future.
Jeep India is also believed to launch the locally produced model in the country. Since the Jeep Renegade facelift will launch in the international markets later this year, we believe, it will be launched in India in 2019. In the five year plan that Jeep and other FCA brands presented recently, a new sub-four metre car is in the works for India in the coming few years. The Renegade, when launched in India, will sit above this SUV. Presently, the Renegade is the smallest SUV in Jeep's global line-up but a new model will be unveiled internationally to sit below it.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000