Jaguar I-Pace EV confirmed for India - launch in the second half of 2020
Jaguar has announced that the launch of the I-Pace will take place by the second half of 2020 in the Indian market. The Jaguar I-Pace is a full electric crossover which can dart from 0-100 km/h in 4.8 seconds and has a top speed of 320 km/hr. The Jaguar I-Pace gets a 90 kWh battery and two motors to drive the wheel which essentially makes the crossover an all-wheel-drive. The motor churns out 400PS and 696Nm of torque.
Cosmetically, the I-Pace gets the family design, however, the crossover has an aggressive fascia. The roof of the i-Pace slopes towards the end creating a crossover like silhouette.
On the occassion, Rohit Suri, president and managing director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL) said, "Jaguar Land Rover's focus is to commit itself to a more sustainable future and our engineers have developed just the right products to lead us on this path."
The introduction of electrified vehicles in Jaguar Land Rover India's portfolio is in line with the government's thrust towards electric vehicles. The company is encouraged by the introduction of FAME-II by the Government of India and it focus on expansion of the charging infrastructure in the country. This is bound to help with faster adoption of all kinds of Electric Vehicles in due course." he further added.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300