Jaguar I-Pace EV confirmed for India - launch in the second half of 2020
Jaguar has announced that the launch of the I-Pace will take place by the second half of 2020 in the Indian market. The Jaguar I-Pace is a full electric crossover which can dart from 0-100 km/h in 4.8 seconds and has a top speed of 320 km/hr. The Jaguar I-Pace gets a 90 kWh battery and two motors to drive the wheel which essentially makes the crossover an all-wheel-drive. The motor churns out 400PS and 696Nm of torque.
Cosmetically, the I-Pace gets the family design, however, the crossover has an aggressive fascia. The roof of the i-Pace slopes towards the end creating a crossover like silhouette.
On the occassion, Rohit Suri, president and managing director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL) said, "Jaguar Land Rover's focus is to commit itself to a more sustainable future and our engineers have developed just the right products to lead us on this path."
The introduction of electrified vehicles in Jaguar Land Rover India's portfolio is in line with the government's thrust towards electric vehicles. The company is encouraged by the introduction of FAME-II by the Government of India and it focus on expansion of the charging infrastructure in the country. This is bound to help with faster adoption of all kinds of Electric Vehicles in due course." he further added.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India
- NewsBookings for the Renault Triber MPV to commence on August 17 in India