Mercedes-Benz India to hike the price by 3 per cent on select models
Mercedes-Benz India has announced a price hike of 3 per cent that will be effective from early August 2019. The price will go up on select Mercedes-Benz models. The hike is a result of increased customs on automotive parts and additional cess and excise duty on fuel have led to a higher input cost. The updated price list will be out by the first week of August.
This could make the most accessible Mercedes-Benz hatchback, the A-Class dearer by almost Rs 80,000 on the ex-showroom cost. And the hatchback could range between Rs 28.5-30 lakh ex-showroom.
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class has been spied on test in the international market. The car could get an all-new platform along with newer downsized engines. A 48-volt mild-hybrid system could be on offer as well.
Team OVERDRIVE recently drove the Mercedes-Benz GLS. Expect the second-generation SUV to be launched in the country by the first quarter of 2020 and will rival the BMW X7 which is scheduled to be launched in India tomorrow.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates on price hikes in the Indian automotive industry.
Starts Rs 92.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 73.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 99.9 Lakhs
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana