Mercedes-Benz India to hike the price by 3 per cent on select models
Mercedes-Benz India has announced a price hike of 3 per cent that will be effective from early August 2019. The price will go up on select Mercedes-Benz models. The hike is a result of increased customs on automotive parts and additional cess and excise duty on fuel have led to a higher input cost. The updated price list will be out by the first week of August.
This could make the most accessible Mercedes-Benz hatchback, the A-Class dearer by almost Rs 80,000 on the ex-showroom cost. And the hatchback could range between Rs 28.5-30 lakh ex-showroom.
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class has been spied on test in the international market. The car could get an all-new platform along with newer downsized engines. A 48-volt mild-hybrid system could be on offer as well.
Team OVERDRIVE recently drove the Mercedes-Benz GLS. Expect the second-generation SUV to be launched in the country by the first quarter of 2020 and will rival the BMW X7 which is scheduled to be launched in India tomorrow.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates on price hikes in the Indian automotive industry.
Starts Rs 98.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 67.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 87.77 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Kia QYi sub-four-metre SUV spied in India
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak scooter to be showcased in Pune on November 14
- NewsTata Motors could tie-up with Geely and BMW for Jaguar Land Rover
- NewsFCA and PSA to retain all brands after merger
- NewsAudi Q8 flagship SUV to be launched in India on January 15, 2020