New Audi SQ3 SUV spotted testing at Nurburgring
Audi is readying its new-gen Q3 SUV and has already begun testing it at various international locations. But what has got us more excited is that Audi is also working on a performance-spec version of the Q3 that should be called the SQ3, in line with the SQ5 and the SQ7 naming nomenclature. The Audi SQ3 has been caught testing at Nurburgring which is a testing ground for many car manufacturers from around the world.
The all-new Audi SQ3 gets a more aggressive design compared to the standard version
The juicy bits of this performance-spec SUV first. It is being said that the new-gen Audi SQ3 will make use of a 2.0 litre turbocharged four-cylinder TFSI engine that already does duty in the S3 sedan. The power outputs of this motor are in tune of 310 PS and 380 Nm. To make sure all that power is sent to all the wheels, the SQ3 will come equipped with Audi's quattro all-wheel drive system. This motor should be mated to a seven-speed S-tronic transmission. And it does not end there as there are speculations of a more powerful RS Q3 SUV that could make use of the 2.5-lite turbo from Audi TT RS and put out an impressive 400PS and 480Nm. This one, we believe, should be more fun around race tracks rather than just kicking dust that the standard Q3 SUV would do.
The 2.0 litre turbocharged four-cylinder TFSI engine in the SQ3 will make 310 PS and 380 Nm
The camouflaged Audi SQ3 shows an aggressive front with a larger air scoops and a quad tail pipe setup that is a typical trait of all the S models from Audi. The other highlight of the upcoming SQ3's design is that larger size of disc brakes that, we believe, are a clear indication of the performance-spec heart under the hood.
We have to wait for the Audi SQ3 to show up at one of the automobile shows and then speculate about it coming to India. However, considering the booming SUV trend globally, we expect the SQ3 too to launch in India. Audi had been testing the SQ7 SUV in India but has not let out any information regarding its launch in the country. In an interview, Audi's country brand head, Rahil Ansari, said that the company was exploring possibilities of launching cars below the A3 and Q3's price point in the Indian market over the next two to three years.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend