Skoda India grows 30 percent in 2017, piggybacks on Rapid's strong performance
Skoda India has registered a 30 percent growth in 2017, selling as many as 17, 438 cars in the calendar year. A slew of launches including the refreshed Rapid and Octavia sedans, the all-new seven seater Kodiaq SUV as also the 230PS Octavia RS have helped the brand grow significantly as compared to the previous year. Skoda has always been looked upon as an enthusiast focused brand and the new launches have helped it rekindle buyers' interest in its products.
The Skoda is a full-sized, seven seater premium SUV that promises the space and luxury of a premium sedan
The Skoda Kodiaq is positioned as a full-sized premium SUV has garnered a huge interest from buyers in the segment, especially since unlike the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner that are positioned as rugged, hardcore SUVs the Kodiaq is positioned as a more luxurious, feature-rich SUV that promises a more car-like feel and comfort. The Skoda Octavia RS has been received very well by enthusiasts across the country, not just for its performance levels but also its impressive value for money quotient.
The Octavia RS is billed as a family performance car given its 230PS output coupled with the space to comfortably seat five, gobble in a load of luggage while boasting impressive value for money
A stronger focus on after sales support has also helped Skoda do well in the country, especially its new 4 year service car program includes a 4 year warranty as well as 24x7 road side assistance for the same period for all its cars. Existing customers also have the option of buying the 4 year assistance program. For 2018, Skoda India says it is keen on continuing with its aggressive product launch strategy and will look at launching more cars this year across segments. Most notably, the list of launches from Skoda this year will include the all-new Karoq that will replace the Yeti in its India line-up and will sit a rung below the Kodiaq. You can read more about the Karoq here.
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP