Tata 45X premium hatchback prototype spotted with production-spec lights
The latest set of spy images of the production-spec Tata 45X shows some interesting new details. The car is still heavily camouflaged but this test mule seems to be fitted with the production spec head and tail lamps.
Like we've seen on the Harrier SUV, the front also seems to get a two-part lighting element with the high-mounted fog lamps. The tail lights also seem to be of slim and sweeping, two-part design like on the new SUV.
Other than this, the premium hatchback seems to carry forward a lot of the styling cues from the concept car, although with the sharp lines toned down to a large extent. The design is still edgier than what we have seen so far from Tata Motors. The large headlamps which protrude and sit flush with the grille, heavily raked C pillar and indented tailgate are some notable design cues.
The Tata 45X is based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP), now named Alpha and features the brand's Impact 2.0 design philosophy. The 45X-based premium hatchback will compete with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz, and the Hyundai i20.
It is likely that the 45X will carry the same powertrain options as the Tata Nexon. That means the petrol variant will come powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged unit producing 110PS and 170Nm. The diesel will be a 1.5-litre motor with an output of 110PS and 260Nm. This should put it right up there as the most powerful hatchback in its segment.
We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims, considering that the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, both of which come well-equipped. We also expect Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
Image source: Team BHP
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000