Upcoming Kia Seltos SUV teased in new video
Kia Motors India has released a new teaser for its first car, the Kia Seltos SUV. The Seltos, known as the SP2 in its concept stages, is set to debut in India on June 20. We've already seen quite a few bits of the new SUV via Kia's sketches and many spy shots, but this seems to provide the clearest picture so far.
The video shows many elements of the Kia Seltos, like its stepped LED headlamps with the clamshell bonnet, the tiger nose grille, the flat roofline with its shark-fin antenna, LED tail lamps and the quite sharp C-pillar.
As we've seen here, the Kia SUV seems to get quite an aggressive face. The large tiger-nose grille and contoured bonnet accentuate the fairly aggressive bumpers. The headlamps, interestingly, seem to have some heavy 3D detailing, a unique touch being the DRL that extends right up to the middle of the grille. The tail lamps complement this look too while the curved glass area, high shoulder line and the high set chrome bits on the bumper seem to bring a coupe-ish vibe. Dimensionally and in profile, the Kia Tusker seems too similar to the Hyundai Creta.
The Kia Seltos will sit on a platform derived from the Hyundai Creta. New powertrain options will be available. This includes a new BSVI compliant 1.5-litre diesel motor which is expected to put out 115PS and 250Nm, and will be a replacement for the 1.6-litre diesel unit from the Creta. A new petrol, also of 1.5-litre displacement, will be made available. This motor is also expected to support hybrid powertrain components by 2023. The Seltos will have quite a few segment-first features as well.
We expect this SUV to be priced at a slight premium over the Creta, between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 16 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai.
Also see: KIA Seltos First Look Video
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055