Suzuki India clocks 39 per cent growth in domestic sales, to launch Burgman Street scooter on July 19
Suzuki Motorcycles India has posed an impressive domestic sales in June 2018. The Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer has reported a 39 per cent growth as compared to the same last year. Suzuki will be launching the Burgman Street scooter on July 19 in India and has already started accepting bookings for the same.
Suzuki has sold a total of 46,717 units in the India, that is an increase of 13,144 units when compared to June 2017. Additionally, Suzuki has also witnessed an impressive performance in the first quarter of 2018 with a sales of more than 1.7 lakh units. The two launches that took place includes a special edition of Access 125 and the Suzuki Gixxer with ABS. With a robust sales like this, the company is positive of achieving its target of sales of 7 lakh units in this financial year.
Suzuki Motorcycle India will be launching the Burgman Street maxi-scooter in July 19. Positioned as a premium offering over its current range of scooters, the Suzuki Burgman Street was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo in India earlier this year. Suzuki dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the Burgman Street for a token amount of Rs 5,000. The scooter will share its engine and mechanicals with the Suzuki Access 125, which was recently launched in a 2018 guise with a combined braking system (CBS). We believe the state of tune will be identical too, as the company did with the Intruder 150 and its Gixxer siblings. While the 2018 Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter does not have direct rivals in the country, it will lock horns with Honda Grazia 125, Aprilia SR 125 and TVS Ntorq 125 scooters. The Suzuki Burgman Street is estimated to be priced between Rs 67,000 and Rs 70,000 (ex-showroom).
Starts Rs 68,000
Starts Rs 66,764
Starts Rs 57,897
Starts Rs 55,045
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 58,750
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images