Auto Expo 2018: Hero to showcase Xtreme 200S, XPulse and Dash scooter
The countdown to the most important automobile event in India, the 2018 Auto Expo has already started. Automobile manufacturers are readying their newer iterations as well as new gen models to debut at the Delhi Motor Show. Cars manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Renault and Mahindra have either sent official communication or dropped hints at what all cars will be shown at the 2018 Auto Expo. Here is a look at what we can expect from Hero MotoCorp at the Delhi Motor Show.
Hero Xtreme 200S
Hero MotoCorp had showcased the Xtreme 200S at the previous iteration of the Delhi Motor Show in 2016. And now the company has started teaser campaign of the same, where the launch of the Xtreme 200S is believed to take place on January 30, 2018. The Hero Xtreme 200S, back then, was powered by a new 200cc air-cooled engine that develops 18.6PS at 8,500rpm and generates 17.2 Nm at 6,000rpm. If the specs will be retained or will see a tweak is something that we need to wait and watch. The Hero Xtreme 200S comes equipped with a mono suspension which indicates that the motorcycle is built using a completely new frame. Hero says that the design is inspired by the silhouette of a Cheetah. The headlamp and tail lamps look like an evolution of the current Xtreme. This is also the first Hero product to feature ABS.
Hero MotoCorp will be finally launching its much awaited upgraded off-roader, the XPulse. The Indian two-wheeler manufacturer had already showcased the concept XPulse at the last year's EICMA show. While the company has not confirmed a launch date for India, our sources tell us that the XPulse could reach production between mid to late-2018 powered by the same 200cc motor as the Hero Xtreme 200S. The XPulse shares its underpinnings with the Hero Xtreme 200 but receives reinforcements as needed for its intended use.The Hero XPulse at is an extension of the Impulse brand, with which the company had introduced small off-road bikes into the country.
Hero Dash 110cc scooter
The Hero Dash 110cc scooter made its debut at the 2014 Auto Expo. Back then it was seen as a sporty-masculine end of Hero's 110cc scooter range. The Hero Dash 110cc scooter was loaded it with convenience features like a fuel lid that opens with the ignition key slot, ana-digi meters, LED tail light, side stand indicator, its new integrated braking system (IBS), USB charger, illuminated under-seat storage and a service due indicator. The Hero Dash was seen as a big volumes earner for the Indian two-wheeler manufacturer.
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod
- ReviewTVS Apache RR 310 vs KTM RC 390 comparison test