Auto Expo 2018: Hero to showcase Xtreme 200S, XPulse and Dash scooter
The countdown to the most important automobile event in India, the 2018 Auto Expo has already started. Automobile manufacturers are readying their newer iterations as well as new gen models to debut at the Delhi Motor Show. Cars manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Renault and Mahindra have either sent official communication or dropped hints at what all cars will be shown at the 2018 Auto Expo. Here is a look at what we can expect from Hero MotoCorp at the Delhi Motor Show.
Hero Xtreme 200S
Hero MotoCorp had showcased the Xtreme 200S at the previous iteration of the Delhi Motor Show in 2016. And now the company has started teaser campaign of the same, where the launch of the Xtreme 200S is believed to take place on January 30, 2018. The Hero Xtreme 200S, back then, was powered by a new 200cc air-cooled engine that develops 18.6PS at 8,500rpm and generates 17.2 Nm at 6,000rpm. If the specs will be retained or will see a tweak is something that we need to wait and watch. The Hero Xtreme 200S comes equipped with a mono suspension which indicates that the motorcycle is built using a completely new frame. Hero says that the design is inspired by the silhouette of a Cheetah. The headlamp and tail lamps look like an evolution of the current Xtreme. This is also the first Hero product to feature ABS.
Hero MotoCorp will be finally launching its much awaited upgraded off-roader, the XPulse. The Indian two-wheeler manufacturer had already showcased the concept XPulse at the last year's EICMA show. While the company has not confirmed a launch date for India, our sources tell us that the XPulse could reach production between mid to late-2018 powered by the same 200cc motor as the Hero Xtreme 200S. The XPulse shares its underpinnings with the Hero Xtreme 200 but receives reinforcements as needed for its intended use.The Hero XPulse at is an extension of the Impulse brand, with which the company had introduced small off-road bikes into the country.
Hero Dash 110cc scooter
The Hero Dash 110cc scooter made its debut at the 2014 Auto Expo. Back then it was seen as a sporty-masculine end of Hero's 110cc scooter range. The Hero Dash 110cc scooter was loaded it with convenience features like a fuel lid that opens with the ignition key slot, ana-digi meters, LED tail light, side stand indicator, its new integrated braking system (IBS), USB charger, illuminated under-seat storage and a service due indicator. The Hero Dash was seen as a big volumes earner for the Indian two-wheeler manufacturer.
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally