BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to be launched in India on July 18, 2018
OVERDRIVE has learnt that the highly anticipated BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS will be launched in India on July 18, 2018. Bookings have already begun across all BMW Motorrad dealerships in the country from June 8, 2018. Customers are required to pay Rs 50,000 as the booking amount to block their G 310 R or G 310 GS.
OVERDRIVE was the first to report that the G 310 R and G 310 GS will be launched in India around July-August 2018. We got exclusive information about this at the 2018 Auto Expo when the company told us that there was only some paperwork that was left to be done.
Both the G310 R and G310 GS are on sale in international markets and exported from India. The bikes are powered by a 313cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that develops 34PS at 9,500rpm and generates 28Nm at 7,500rpm. The motor is paired to a six speed transmission.
The G310 R is a street naked while the G310 GS is a focused adventure tourer. It comes equipped with longer travel suspension than the R and a larger front wheel as well. It also has dual-purpose tyres and an engine sump guard. Both bikes get ABS as standard. The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS is built by the TVS Motor Company in Hosur.
There is no word on pricing yet officially, though we hear the BMW G 310 R is expected to retail above Rs 3 lakh ex-showroom, while the G 310 GS will retail at well over Rs 3.5 lakh.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 3,49,000
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000