EXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
BMW Motorrad is all set to launch the much anticipated G 310 R street and the G 310 GS adventure motorcycles in India in just hours from now. Initially, we had reported that the ex-showroom prices of the G 310 R and the GS are likely to be Rs 3.5 lakh and Rs 4 lakh respectively. However, we at OVERDRIVE have just now learnt from our sources that the ex-showroom prices of the BMW G 310 R is Rs 2.75 lakh and that of the BMW G 310 GS is Rs 3.4 lakh. If this is true, we believe, the pricing of BMW Motorrad's entry-level motorcycle is spot on, making them a solid deal for the Indian customers.
The BMW G 310 R is the smallest motorcycle from BMW Motorrad yet and will face off against the KTM, one of the most popular streetbikes in the country
The BMW G310 R has been co- developed with TVS Motor and is manufactured at the company's facility in Hosur, India. As a part of the TVS-BMW collaboration in 2013, everything from the frame to the engine is developed solely by the Bavarian manufacturer whereas TVS' role is to provide an optimised, cost-effective production base. Both the G310 R and G310 GS are on sale in international markets and exported from India. The bikes are powered by a 313cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that develops 34PS at 9,500rpm and generates 28Nm at 7,500rpm. The motor is paired to a six speed transmission.
The BMW G310 GS is a focused adventure tourer. It comes equipped with longer travel suspension than the R and a larger front wheel
Bookings have already begun across all BMW Motorrad dealerships in the country from June 8, 2018. We have learnt from the company's dealerships that the G 310 R and the G 310 GS have a waiting period of two to three months with the deliveries expected to begin from November onward. The G310 R is a street naked while the G310 GS is a focused adventure tourer. It comes equipped with longer travel suspension than the R and a larger front wheel as well. It also has dual-purpose tyres and an engine sump guard. Both bikes get ABS as standard. The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS is built by the TVS Motor Company in Hosur.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 3,49,000
Starts Rs 2,35,931
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Starts Rs 2,23,000
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer